Located in the heart of sestiere Dorsoduro, at Ca' Rezzonico the Venetian Art of the 18th century finds its ideal place.
The beautiful palace of Ca’ Rezzonico was built in the late 17th century to serve as residence to one of the most eminent aristocratic families in Venice. After being acquired by the city of Venice in 1935, the house became the seat to works of art from the 18th century serving as the natural backdrop to daily life objects, furnishing, richly adorned carpets and precious frescoes of the time.
Three storeys of history
The large staircase of this magnificent palazzo leads to several elegant rooms housing paintings,
sculptures and 18th century furnishings (first floor): the ‘Portego dei dipinti’ featuring canvases by Canaletto, a room dedicated to Longhi and the frescoes painted by Giandomenico Tiepolo detached from the walls of Villa Zianigo (second floor); the rooms of the Farmacia Ai do San Marchi and the exquisite Pinacoteca Egidio Martini (third floor). Alternately, the Browning Mezzanine houses the works of the Mestrovich Collection, including works by artists like Tintoretto and Bonifacio de’ Pitati.
OPENING DAYS AND HOURS:
Open Wed-Mon 10am-6pm. Closed on Tues, 25 December and 1 January.
Full ticket: 10 euros
Reduced ticket: 7,50 euros